Monday, November 30, 2009

Hello again puberty... now go away!

So I feel stupid complaining about this given how much the Mirena's pro's outweigh it's con's (at least for me thusfar) but seriously... it bugs! I have never had the absolute clearest of skin, but I've never had any real acne problems either. Even puberty wasn't extremely terrible... just your average case of the teenage zits for a few years and that was it... until NOW.

I feel like I've fallen down some sick twisted dermatological time warp! It was really bad right after my Lap, but I figured it was my body getting used to another hormonal shift. I thought it would go away after a month or two... or three? But here we are 6 months out and my face looks like a 14 year old's. Argh... Thank goodness for Neutrogena, it's the only thing that seems to be keeping it in check... well, somewhat.

*Sigh* I suppose this is an acceptable price to pay for less pain, annoying as it may be. Maybe another 6 months? :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, flu shots suck too, not as much fluid is administered but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt! if you move your arm in a circular motion a bunch for a couple hours after you get a shot it doesn't hurt nearly as bad the next day, i didn't believe it until i tried it myself!

Sara Jean said...

I gave you an award!! Check my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing as an adult. I've found the only skin care line that keeps my face clear is the Mary Kay Timewise collection.

Jeanne said...

Alex,

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad the medication is helping you otherwise, though.

Jeanne