Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why I love my doctor

He's just the greatest! I went in today for my annual/pre-op and as those are usually pretty painful for us Endo sistas, I was really apprehensive... He worked his super quick magic and it was done before I could even get all worked up and ready for the pain! That man is a genius, seriously. My hero.

So I got all the pre-op questions out and we came to a nice little agreement: 1) No surgical glue!!! After my rash last time, NO WAY. Phew! 2) He'll leave the catheter in for me this time (yes, per my request) since I had such a horrible experience last time with not being able to pee for HOURS and it hurt soooooooo bad! He may even let me come home with it and just teach me how to take it out myself so that I don't end up having to go back in to get one placed if I had problems at home. 3) He's going to work his magic with the hospital red-tape and code my Mirena insertion a different way so that they let him place it during the surgery. (It's a Catholic hospital and they don't allow birth control) Thankfully, Mirena is used for stuff other than BC (like bleeding and pain) so he thinks there should be no problem.

I got my scripts for the cytotec (to dialate my cervix since he'll be doing a hysteroscope, HSG, and D&C) and my little behind-the-ear-nausea patch that I loved so much last time! So yup, I'm all set! June 1st is the big day, so less than a month to go. I'd been dreading today, but I'm all sorts of optomistic right now, after that visit. My nurses were just great and so very comforting. If I ever move away from here, I'm gonna have to pack him and his staff all up in a suitcase and take them with me! :)

5 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

I'm so glad that you are so positive about the upcoming surgery. Not too long now really! It sounds like they've got a great plan hammered out. I like Dr.'s with a mission!!! Sending prayers your way. Hope the next few weeks are relatively low on the pain scale!!!!

Jeanne said...

Best of luck with your surgery!! Keep us posted! :)

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hello and good luck. I have the same situation you do, and am just now starting more fertility treatments. So nice to know that there are people out there that understand, though I would not wish this on anyone. Anyway: take care, and good luck.

Anonymous said...

i had a crazy experience when i had my first lap due to that stupid derma-bond too. i told them not to use it last time, they used steri-strips instead, they worked like a charm. good luck, i hope your surgery goes well!

Lacey said...

This baffles me... all of my surgeries have been in a surgical center, and outpatient. I went home like an hour after. As well as one incision in my belly button and one more a few inches lower! Granted i did have a very nasty infection due to the derma bond glue that landed me in the hospital for 4 days on a different antibiotic every 6 hours. And im allergic to tapes and steri-strips! Im not looking forward to my next surgery! lol! You'd also mentioned that you had to take something your first surgery to help dialate... ive never had to do that! I guess every doctor has their own way of doing things...