Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lap#2, here I come :(

Here I am 4 days into my mega-pain incident and I just had a nice little conversation with my doc. Looks like Lap#2 is in the cards for me. The pain has been increasing for the past 2 months, what with the "sitting-on-a-knife" feeling, then my bladder problems, horrible super clotty/excrutiating AF's and now this stupid ovary... *sigh* Is it psycho of me to actually be relieved that this surgery is coming? I'm just so at a loss as to what else to do. I can't take the pain meds that work b/c they knock me out but I can't function without them either because the pain is so great it makes me throw up throughout the day... It's not good when you look upon surgery as a joyful event, but what can I say... what else is there to do?!?!
I've been in such a bad state the past few days that I seriously started considering getting rid of that ovary... Thank goodness my doctor was able to talk some sense into me and remind me of our hopes and dreams of children some day. He's gonna check it out and do as much repair work as possible (with that wrap stuff that prevents further adhesion build up) and drill the cysts out, etc. but is very weary of just cutting it out. We're gonna talk more about that at my appt in a few weeks for my pre-op etc. I have to get with my boss tomorrow to solidify a date but right now we're thinking end of May/beg of June.
He's calling me in some Zofran, Tramadol, and more Ibuprofen 800mg. I'm gonna keep up with my Yoga, relaxation breathing, and health(ier) eating in hopes to make it through these next few weeks as sane as possible.
Have I mentioned how much I HATE Endo?!?!? :(

2 comments:

Erika said...

I do know about looking forward to surgery. I don't think you're crazy... just in a ton of pain. I hope it works a little longer for you this time. I think Endo sucks too!

My Endo Journey said...

Yeah, you are definitely not crazy! I was excited, yet, scared at the same time. Have you guys talked about fertility stuff for right after surgery? I hear it's the best time to try...maybe something worth looking into?

Do have problems with adhesives? If not, ask your Dr. about Sancuso. It's an anti nausea patch (if the Zofran doesn't work), and, it's supposed to be better with side effects and such. We just learned about it at work today, and, it made me sad to be allergic to adhesives. :)

ANYWAY, I hope that surgery is able to help calm some of your pains down! So far, I've got NO nausea...3 weeks out. That's like a milestone!!!! Unfortunately this damn disease is prone to the knife. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Sending comforting thoughts your way!!!