Friday, September 5, 2008

Success!

I went in for my folliescan today and did not get to see any folicles... but never fear, this time it was a good thing! There were none there because.... I already ovulated! I got that + OPK on Wed and sure enough my temps spiked up very high today, so I went in today thinking that I probably ovulated yesterday. The ultrasound confirmed my suspicion and we were able to see my corpus luteum, what's left of a follicle that has recently burst, and what is responsible for producing progesterone to keep a pregnancy viable in the first few weeks until the placenta takes over. My endometrial stripe (or lining) was at 9.3mm which is good depth for implantation. No cysts were found (which is a huge relief!) so all around, a great visit with fantastic news!

Now begins the long 2 week wait (2ww). On Sunday (3dpo or days past ovulation) I start taking my Prometrium and continue on that for 12 days. At that point I will be 15dpo and ready to test if my temps are still high and AF has not arrived. This is the hardest part of every cycle... the never-ending wait... wish me luck!

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

GOOD LUCK! Again, we'll keep you in our prayers. So glad for the amazing past two days!